Monday, March 11, 2013

Why I Am Not Supporting CPAC 2013 or Cheering for Rand Paul Any Time Soon

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV1bB9BNRwg]

Many Americans cheered for Rand Paul this week.  I was not one for the reasoned explanations I have given in the clip above.  In a non-campaign season voters should look closely not just at what our potential candidates are doing, but why they are doing it.   It is not enough to do the right thing, but to do what is right for the right reasons.  I will not support CPAC this year, nor will I cheer Rand Paul or any representative who has not yet proven to the voters that they are trustworthy, honorable, and deserving of the vote of confidence that got them elected .   Too many times voters are deceived by those who claim they have the answers.  After two lost elections, it is time we demand more from our leaders, but not without sacrifice ourselves.  We must take a hard look at what is going on, be honest with ourselves and have the courage to speak up, even if the odds are against us.  While others see things changing for the better, I would be lying if I said I was optimistic, based on last week alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment